Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oral Presentation

I believe my oral presentation on my Portfolio was rather successful. The information spoken had all the necessary components mentioned in the criteria. The powerpoint worked very well with the talk. It helped interact with the listeners. It also helped to bring out certain information being said.
The sample track demonstrated my talent in the field of Sound Engineering, although most of it was MIDI based samples.

In terms of experience with Sound Engineering, I’d say the list is very small. In Year 11, we had a subject called Performance Tech which was all about learning how to use the Mixing Desk, lights, recording and all stuff related to this course. I was pretty interested in that subject which lead me to further study this course. I also started making music on Fruity Loops. This gave me knowledge on MIDI programming, as well as music composition.

For my portfolio, I will include a CV and a Mini CV.
I will also include 5 tracks in my CD.

These will include: A song a friend and I had created in Year 12 using Fruity Loops 5
A remix of Alice Deejay – Better Off Alone using Logic Pro
A remix of a friend’s song titled “A Reason For My Day”
A world music remix using Pro Tools
An original techno song composed in Logic Pro

The CD face will hopefully include some awesome logo with some details on it. The CD case will be a sweet picture of some sort which will grab the attention of anyone who looks at it. The back of the CD will include the track list, what will be found on the CD like CV, Mini CV and so on, and any other details like how to contact me, phone number. All the basic information.

My strong points as a Sound Engineer would be the use of MIDI. I have been using MIDI prior to this course, so I found it easy to produce songs using Logic Pro. All the aspects of Music Technology Forum I found very interesting, which motivated me to do the best work possible. I found that subject to be another one of my strong points.

My weak points would definitely be recording. I find all aspects of recording difficult, including using Pro Tools. Also music theory, which I have never done in my life, is also another weak point. I will definitely be studying music theory after this course has finished.

As for next year, I will be getting membership at Fresh FM. Fresh will take me onboard and train me in all aspects of Radio, broadcast and technical equipment from professionals with years of industry experience. Fresh is a voluntary Radio Station so I wouldn’t get paid, but Nova are always looking to recruit people from Fresh to take them on board for a paid job.

References:
David Gryce - University of Adelaide 2007
My Uni

No comments: